Sunday, July 17, 2011

Stressed

Yep, for once my title is pretty much straight forward. I'm a bit stressed. Not like a few months ago with school and work. I'm stressing finding work and a place to live and the list goes on in those direction. I'm stressed because a certain person (who I'm not related to) keeps trying to push me out to California. She literally looked up jobs in burbank and said, " So...did you ever do this type of search?" No....well I told her yes so she would come off it...truth is I've already made up my mind. I want to stay in NYC for the time being. It's nothing against California, I love California. I want to move out there one day. But I don't think I had that New York experience as a nanny who can't be out past 4pm everyday.

I want to be able to take care of myself. Rent in New York is stupid expensive. I've been looking in Jersey just because of that reason. Things are cheaper but then I wonder about how the transit thing is going to work out. Will that make my monthly bills go up?

I met this awesome guy with these two awesome rooms for rent in this awesome area... but I don't think it's going to work out. My friend whom I wish to share the apartment with still lives in Georgia. The guy want to meet my friend or at least have a skype first, and my friend doesn't have any sort of access to skype. Sigh...and obviously I'm not the only one wanting to see the apartment so if he feels its a good fit with someone else. he's going to give it to them.

Back to the job thing...how do you find a career when no one is willing to give you that first chance to? Everyone wants 2 years of experience, and if I would have known ahead of time what I was going to be graduating with, I would have attempted internships two years ago.  I just would like to find a job making enough money to buy a shit-hole of a place in a safe neighbor hood close enough to the city so I can have a good time when I'm not working. I'm pretty sure that's WAY too much to ask...but how about this: a job that pays enough for me to pay my bills so I can have a post-grad broke life for a year or so. Is that still too much to ask for??

1 comment:

  1. Might be a bit much to ask for. Lol. It is New York, after all. I feel you on the job thing. Back in the day (like I'm old, LOL), all you'd need is a degree and that would be great to an employer. Now there are so many things you need, it's madness. We'll have to chat later.

    ReplyDelete