Saturday, April 2, 2011

Oh by the way: peanut butter time

Just a quick blurb. I think almost a week and a half ago I put peanut butter in my hair to condition it. I just wanted to say that I have been busy and did not wash my hair in almost 2 weeks! that is all types of bad. Especially since my dandruff had been acting up. But to my surprise, my dandruff was minimum. I think the peanut butter really conditioned my scalp. I've been really fighting these huge scabby thingys since I dyed it. Since I don't use product, I was losing the battle. I would wash my hair and literally 2 days later it was as if I didn't. None to report since the peanut butter mask. So It must do it's job. Will I do it again? Most likely not. there are other ways to get similar results. The smell went away by the end of the day, but I'm not a fan of that hot peanut butter smell in the shower. I'll probably still use it on my face (and in my belly!). I did a dry deep condition yesterday. I used honey and a mix of oils. it wasn't oily...it was sticky. I measured everything but I think I should have melted the coconut oil to measure properly since it was solid. Either way, when I washed it out I could feel the oil. It was nice. My curls were nice. I think my hair has grown! I couldn't fit it under the cap and when I put the mixuture in it stretched it out into a big fro. When I washed it out it didn't shrink down like I'm used to, though if I let it air dry it would def do that. I did use some left over product I had. It has petroleum jelly in it :(. I was trying to stay away from that. I watched some youtube vids by natural85(she's like the Michelle Phan of black hair, so cute). She gave me ideas for making a moisturizer. That's been my issue for a long time, how to moisturize. Oil helps the scalp, but I need something creamy for my hair. She made this nice looking shea butter mixture. Only problem is, I hate the smell of shea butter :(. I think it smells just awful! I wonder if I can do the same thing with cocoa butter. I'm going to look up cocoa butter versus shea butter now! I really want to flat iron my hair so I can see the length.

That wasn't a short blurb at all! oh well, try the peanut butter mask if you dare. I think it really does work.

Chao baby

No comments:

Post a Comment