Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Look at Me, I Draw So Good! and Other Phrases You Shouldn't Yell Out During Sex.


Yes sir...you do draw so good

But that has nothing to do with what I will be writing about. The beauty behind me being random is that you should be expecting the unexpected by now (at least those you who know me), but you have yet to figure it all out. That ideology is much like life. You may not have figured it all out, but by now you should have some sort of idea about what's going to happen next. Earlier this week, while staring out onto the ocean of a sunless morning, I realized my happiness is really all up to me. I can't depend on anyone else for it. It is my own doing. It often involves my ability to self actualize and revel in contentment. Mostly, contentment with myself. Ah contentment! (that word is so catchy!) It could be easily said that I am rambling. Or am I (mystery)? Maybe what makes me content is being random, rambling, or bringing a small shake of the head or a smile to my readers faces. I can't figure which it is yet. My derailment from the topic at hand some how can bring us back to my point. That point being that I can only imagine the amount of people who may be struggling to find their own versions of contentment. I am far from happy with my life choices. I am probably the farthest away from being happy with my current situations and dealings. But I realize all in all, I am truly blessed. Once you realized this you can begin to appreciate your life a little more. I am relatively healthy, I have a job and a place to stay. I will be graduating soon with an Undergrad degree in Communications. I can think, I can laugh, I can run and jump. And there is more: my mother and father have been happily married over 26 years. My brothers and sister are growing and doing well. My friends are graduating and becoming working adults. Once you really sit down and take a long look at the list of things going right in your life, you may find that the things going wrong are only small set backs in comparison to what your future will hold.
   As human beings we have a tendency to believe that we are going to wake up every morning, that we will walk out the door and later, walk back in unscathed. We often believe we are going to live long and healthy lives. That is just not always so. Each day presents itself as token of your survival. We should all take a step back and revel in our blessing of life. When you think in those terms, your outlook will definitely change. I promise you. And maybe you won't complain about all the little things as often as I do.

Ciao baby.

(have to give proper rights to the picture...I am unsure who drew it but I saw it on one of my friends fb page. I just really love it so much and wanted to share it. hopefully its silliness will be a welcomed addition to all the good things happening in your life) Ciao

3 comments:

  1. Yay, she updated! Lol. When you do look at the big picture, things don't seem so bad anymore. All the minuscule things that we stress out about just seem to fade into the background, and all the important things are brought to the surface. Or something like that. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know how happy to read those words! Cuz you and I struggle for this understanding and it seems you have it firmly in your grasp! Bravo!


    One thing to keep in mind is that when we do become content then its a sure way to becoming complacent. So I hope you reach your goals but always strive for a little more, just to keep the variety and the spice in living your life. But being who I know you are your Cayenne pepper in the line of Morton and Bassett! lolol

    ReplyDelete