Friday, April 1, 2016

Where Do I Start?

It's been a while. I'm trying to spend my time more wisely. I don't write enough. Not enough to consider myself a writer.

I'd like to change that.


The past few weeks have been eventful. I'm sure I should start with the end of last year, but instead I want to write about the last 6 weeks, I'll get to that in another post. In my life it feels like if it's not a barren plate, it's an over flowing one; i.e. My plate's full at the moment. It just seems to happen that way. Around December of last year, I decided I wanted to begin working on my documentary film project again; pick back up where I left off and finish it outright. Just as I began collecting myself and reworking the project I came across the opportunity to be a part of a digital marketing apprenticeship. I decided to accept the invite and since have been spending Monday through Thursday nights down at the very tip of Manhattan with a group of people who, like myself, want a career.  It's called Cooperate NYC, Co-op for short. It's meant to teach us a skill and fill in the gaps of a growing job market. It's also meant as a way of creating a community of people, most of us being underemployed and unemployed people of color.

It's pretty nice. I like most, if not all of the people within this new community. I haven't really been a part of something in about two years. Before my film project dissolved, I was pretty well integrated int the NYC comic scene.

How I digress.

In order to finish writing this post, I sat down and scheduled the rest of my night. I became slightly hungry and began foraging for food. then I saw the black eyed peas I wanted to make tonight. Then I saw the dishes, both clean and dirty. Then I saw the beer.

So first I grabbed the beer. Next, I sat down and wrote out what I was going to do tonight. I would write for another 20 minutes. then I would eat something. Word for word I wrote, "Eat something healthy." After, I would sort and wash the beans I'm cooking tonight. And then, I get dressed and meet My boyfriend in the city.

Even further digression.

Like I said, I've been busy. It's been six months now that I've been living with my boyfriend. We're definitely figuring each other out. So far so good. I'm still working the part-time jobs. Still struggling financially. That is why I decided the apprenticeship would be a good idea. I dream of a different life. One with a career. At least a career I can stand more than a few months. Then I can keep moving on to whatever it is that I really want to do. So my film project is suffering now. Boo. Either way, I want to make time for everything, and in order to do that, I have to put the work in and be patient. If I don't, I won't make it big in the successful adult department.

Oh to dream.




3 comments:

  1. The game of gambling also boasts over 500 registrations.

    คาสิโนออนไลน์ It is a site where you will be able to participate in poker. And gambling games are also well equipped. Through the computer network smoothly. We have every effort in providing fun services to all consumers. As a player in the game, Internet network gambling before. It makes our GCLUB 69 online gambling known to all online gamblers.
    The poker game Called a card game that is the most popular player in the world is that it is. The reason is simple. And with the need to use the idea of decision making. So it is a professional poker player in many countries in Europe. And the Americas. We have spread widely to Asia. In addition to poker, we also have more than 500 gambling games to choose from.
    Great for anyone who wants to join us. Get up to 20% bonus on the first run. Do not wait, we wait for the service to all 24 hours at the site. Gclub Slot

    ReplyDelete